I've been hanging the laundry out to dry recently. I used to do it back at the house, but hated the crunchy clothes and thought they smelled weird, so it was mainly just hte diapers. My dad said he liked the way clothes that dried in the sun smelled. I thought he was weird.
I totally understand now - I'm liking the way the clothes smell when they've been line-dried. I've been putting them outside to dry for 2 weeks now. I have to do a little planning since they don't dry in 1 hour like using the dryer. I either wash in the evening and dry overnight or wash overnight and hang before I go to work. I like to have my whites out to "sun" (bleach) although it's a little hard on our balcony/3-seasons room.
The only time I used the dryer was tonight when I needed to get diapers dry in time for school tomorrow. I wasn't able to wash them since I worked all wekeend. Since it's rainy, the clothes aren't drying as fast as they were when it was dry.
I read a blog where the family gave up the dryer for the summer. I'm inspired....
No comments:
Post a Comment