Please feel free to leave us comments. We like to hear what you are doing too :)

30 September, 2010

dilemma of sorts...

Tonight when Andrew and I were walking home from work, I was faced with a dilemma.

We were stopped at a corner waiting for the "green man" so we could cross. Suddenly, we heard a screech and I saw a body go flipping thru the air. (Luckily, Andrew was focused on watching for the green man that he didn't notice!)

My body immediately turned, wanting to run and help. But I had Andrew in the stroller. I couldn't leave him alone on the side of the road. I can't ask random strangers to watch him. I didn't want him to turn and watch what I would be doing. So we waited for the green man to beep and we crossed the road.

Given my profession and training, I feel a duty/obligation to help. The last time I was faced with an emergency while out-and-about, Rene was with me. I just ran to help. Tonight, instead, I felt guilty that I turned my back and walked away.

What's a mommy to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment