Rene surprised me (us) by taking a roadtrip to the beach today. Next week is Labour Day weekend and I am working all weekend (including Monday). So he decided we would go away this weekend. Since I am "on call" he didn't think we could go away overnight, so we just road-tripped.
Our plan was to go to Wollongong, but we got sidetracked as we went thru a national park. (don't ask me which one...I don't have any clue which one...ok, the iPhone says Garie or Royal National Park)
Our first stop in the park and Andrew wanted to see animls. So we walked a bit. The only animal we saw was a stuffed Joey near the Ranger station. Not really the type of animal I want him exposed to.
So we got back in the car and almost ran over a porcupin-y, hedgehog thingie sauntering across the road..

He was a little hesitant about the waves, but he made his way up to edge of the water. "coming daddy?"
Then a wave came to lap at his feet...
and suddenly he was face down on the sand (and water).
not enjoying the water very much this time...

Everything's better with a "lick it"
Hopping on the pylons
On our way back to Sydney, we stopped at the organic food market. Look familiar?
Such a long, fun day. Somebody was totally zonked...
Hope you enjoyed the play-by-play.
No comments:
Post a Comment