Please feel free to leave us comments. We like to hear what you are doing too :)

16 July, 2010

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness...

how appropriate that this comes from Dicken's "A Tale of Two Cities"

Today started off great. I was working in Embryology. I got to see the most amazing sight...the beginning of life. I saw an egg fertilise with a sperm and an embryo divide into 2 cells. I know it happens all the time (esp at my office) but this was the first time I actually saw it happen. I saw the egg at 24 hour...one cell. Just a few minutes later, 2 cells. To think that we all started out that small...just makes me believe in the awesome power of God.

Then I ran some errands...

I went into the Vodafone shop to get a SIM card (how have I survived w/o a mobile phone for 2 weeks??). The guy was jabbering on about some phone plan, blah blah blah. I swear this guy wasn't speaking English. What I wouldn't do for some normal English.... even my little guy has started to speak with an accent. Agh!

I left the shop feeling like such a failure. I mean, who can't get a damn SIM card? I felt so dejected on my walk home. On the bridge, I had to avoid all the stupid kids on holiday who were running about acting like idiots (seriously, can I trip some of them?). All I wanted was to run into someone familiar on the walk home and get a big hug. But of course that didn't happen. Nor did it happen when I got home. Andrew is teething and CRANKY and not sleeping and WHINY and irritable and CRANKY. Rene is not feeling well. So I wallow in my sef pity, knowing this is just a phase and everyone who leaves home goes thru this adjustment period...but I still wallow....

So back to Dickens and his "Two Cities"...I miss Chicago. Not enough that I want to pack up and go back. Just enough to want to go eat at the only "American" restuarant besides McD's...Tony Roma's....ok, maybe I don't miss the US that much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment