Please feel free to leave us comments. We like to hear what you are doing too :)

18 July, 2010

you could almost call it exercise...

**sorry the formatting is all wonky. not sure what blogspot is doing...
Andrew and I took a nice walk along the waterfront thru Darling Harbour while Rene rested (not feeling well). It was packed with tourists (food and wine convention) and, dare I say it, hot...well, 18C.

We are staying where it says "convention" in blue on the bottom left. (Our apartment building is attached to the Tram stop). Andrew and I walked from the convention center around Cocokle Bay Wharf and the Aquarium and to the end of King Street Wharf and back again. It was about 1.5 miles.

I was a very nice walk. We saw lots of boats. We stopped by the Aquarium for bit b/c there was shade. Andrew got to see a kangaroo (probably for the 1st time - it's not one of his regular "animals"). It wasn't a real 'roo, but a statue (pic to come later). He cried when we left and we had to stop again when we strolled past again. (He's so smart...he remembered where it was and started to cry when I past it. I had to go back so he could see it.)

On the map, for reference, Rene's office is where it says Four Point by Sheraton on the righthand side. I work halfway up King's Wharf (crossroad Erskine) and one more street over (past Sussex). It's 2 blocks from water :)

Also pertaining to exercise...I went down to the gym after Andrew was asleep. When I got on the treadmill and punched my (usual) numbers, it started walking at a snail's pace - darn km vs miles. Once I got back and plugged my numbers into the converter...I "ran" a lot slower than I did in the States. Now, at my pace how can it really be called running? I was so dang slow in the US and if I'm slower here....

No comments:

Post a Comment